**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Friday, December 26, 2008

Fantastic Friday!


Down to the wire. Again. Bad Sara, bad.

Fantastic Thing-that-happened-in-the-past-week #1) Christmas!! B&N gift cards, cinnamon candles, a Belle (yes, Beauty and the Beast the Disney movie Belle) snow globe, and a stampede of puppies at my grandparents' house. Four doggies. Four wittle doggies. It was a rip-roaring good time.

Thing #2) I fell in love with yet another animated man (does anyone else do this? For instance, have a crush on Aladdin? Or watch Treasure Planet only because Jim is, well, hot?). This one is Sinbad in Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. A-DOR-a-ble. Adorable. I don't know why this movie was so "hush-hush" when it came out. It's got adventure, romance, mythology (teehee. Explanation for the teehee in a moment), ships, giant sea monsters. And a really attractive animated lead, seen here.

Thing #3) Reason for the mythology-induced teehee: I finally figured out what was wrong with Stream Pirates (and there's a lot of mythology in SP. Hence the teehee). Since I got to a certain part in the story, everything has just sucked. And I could not for the life of me figure out why. This happens a lot though; I have a really difficult time keeping my characters' motivations consistent throughout really long gaps where they aren't forced to change and/or state their motivation. Unfortunately, the first half of SP is a really long gap where my protagonist isn't forced to change and/or state her motivation. So I kept forgetting why she was doing what she was doing. But I finally reached a point where she semi-exploded on another character, and this explosion served both to calm her down and remind me why she just did everything she did. So now that I know why she did what she did, I'll have a much easier time getting her to do what I want her to do. (Did you follow that? I almost didn't...)

Thing #4) There was thunder today. THUNDER. In December. It was both thoroughly disappointing because it should be snowing and cool because I like thunder. Odd combination.

My other exciting thing was already mentioned. The dogs in Barnes and Noble. If they had dogs in B&N all the time, I honestly do not think I would ever be able to leave. *marketing hint to any B&N execs*

Til next post...

2 comments:

Kiersten White said...

I love thunder. And B&N gift cards.

Jill Wheeler said...

Didn't I post here yet? I'm jealous of your gift cards. :P