**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Friday, December 19, 2008

Fantastic Friday!


This week has been a blur. Working can do that to ya.

Hm. My repertoire of snappy openings is running low. I should fix it by watching a few hours of Scrubs or Monty Python.

Anyway.

Fantastic Thing-That-Happened-in-the-Last-Week #1) I started working again. Which means my ever-decreasing store of monetary funds will stop decreasing at such catastrophic speeds. And I'll be able to get my friends something more for Christmas than little mystery gift bags from the Dollar Tree.

Thing #2) Mi prima and fellow writer Nikki Hensley made her blog non-private, which means when I speak of her and tag her in blog posts, my avid readers can then see who it is I am talking about. Yes, Virginia, she does exist!

Thing #3) I played with a St. Bernard puppy and had to be resuscitated due to overwhelming cuteness.

Thing #4) I passed the 30,000 word mark with Stream Pirates! *raises the roof*

Thing #5) Less than a week until I get Barnes and Noble gift cards and can actually leave the store with BOOKS! I'm so poor, I can't even afford to be bad and spend money I don't have on books. Because I don't even have money to not have. But God bless Christmas, because it provides me with a plethora of B&N gift cards.

On the subject of #5: I need recommendations. The one book I'm certain I will get is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (it both sounds interesting and is represented by the agent who currently has my full!). But other than that -- I'm at a loss. When I go into bookstores, I get so flabbergasted by the various titles screaming at me (and their potential suck-ability) that I never settle on a single one. So, help? What book this year changed your life?

PS: I think my little picture up there says "I have inside me blood of kings." In case you were wondering.

4 comments:

Jill Wheeler said...

I can't stop recommending THE HUNGER GAMES. A lot of my kids have read THE BOOK THIEF and liked it (squee! your possible agent!).

I'm working hard to meet my personal goal of finishing DTY edits today so I can send you the real deal! You must hold me accountable! :D

Congrats on the 30k mark! That rocks!

Sara Raasch said...

Oh yes, THE HUNGER GAMES! I saw that in a bookstore the other day and thought of you! Okay, there's another to add to my list!

And what are you doing out here in the blogosphere? Get back there and edit, girly!

Nikki said...

I can't believe I was one of your five fantastic things! You have to stop linking to me! People are going to be so disappointed when they see my blog and can't read anything from the mysterious manuscript! I'm going to have to start posting teasers!

(Okay, that makes me a little excited.)

Sara Raasch said...

Teehee, see, Nikki? It's all part of my master plan.