**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Friday, December 5, 2008

Fantastic Friday!

Friday, Dec 5, 2008


Why is the world making it harder and harder to find a few fantastic things to write about? All this economic/political/international stress is really starting to annoy. So to counteract it all, this week's Fantastic Friday is a list. Well, it's always a list, but it's a particularly special list that is semi-in-honor-of Thanksgiving.

10 Things I am Thankful for in this World (That No Amount of Economic/Political/International Stress can Sully)

1) This new website: http://www.authonomy.com/ *drool* I am doing everything in my power to resist getting involved until after finals.

2) My new blog. Isn't it pretty?

3) Australia and New Zealand. Just as countries that we never hear anything bad from. I'm convinced they are the utopia I am looking for and will, someday, have a house in one of them.

4) The Absolute Write forums for encouraging my rather sick hobby of editing people's query letters. I really, really enjoy it. I know, I have issues.

5) All the progress I'm making on Stream Pirates.

6) Mi prima and fellow writer, Nikki Hensley, for being my own personal editor/encourager. Everyone needs one.

7) Santa hats. No one can be angry around anyone in a Santa hat. Try it. If we required all international correspondence to be done while wearing Santa hats, tension between countries would cease.

8) Crusoe.

9) This hat.

10) And last but absolutely not least: My loyal comment-posters! Your comments brighten my otherwise dreary snow-filled day :)

6 comments:

Jill Wheeler said...

Aw, thanks! You brighten my day, too!

I saw that authonomy site on Nathan Bransford's blog. I meant to go check it out but haven't gotten around to it yet. Perhaps I will mosey on over there now.

Sara Raasch said...

Careful -- mosey-ing leads to entrapment. I got sucked in for a good hour or so. And just before finals week...*groan* I can't get anything productive done to save my life.

Amanda said...

Hey. Who are you on AW?

Sara Raasch said...

Hey, Amanda! I'm sraasch on AW. Same pirate logo too :)

Nikki said...

I am VERY thankful for you as well, mi prima! I can't believe it took me nearly a week to notice that post! Shame on me!

Two things:
- I'm jealous that your blog looks cooler than mine. Why wasn't this an option on my blog? I like the layout and colors!
- I want to have the little icon thingies too but I couldn't figure out how. I told myself it was because you were on freewebs and blogger didn't do them... and then you switched to blogger and I got punked. So how do I do it?

Sara Raasch said...

Nikki:

1) I can't believe it took you til now to notice it either!

2) I got my layout by googling "Blogger Layouts," not from the Blogger selection.

3) If you want little icon/link thingys, just post a blog like normal, only put your story in it (or whatever you want to link to) then go into Layout and create a Text box (I think that's what it's called) and in there just link certain words to the page your blog post/story is on. To link certain words, highlight the word then click the little icon that looks like a world with a paper clip on top, and paste in the URL to that specific blog page. Hope that wasn't too confusing :)If you have any questions, let me know!