**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Jill tagged me in a bookworm post, so here I go!
1. Open the closest book - not a favorite or most intellectual book, but the closest at the moment - to page 56.
2. Write out the fifth sentence on the page, as well as the two to five sentences following.
3. Then open your ms to page 56 and write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five additional ones.
4. Tag five (or more) buddies to do this same exercise.
1) The closest book to me was Mythology by Edith Hamilton. I use it as research for practically everything I write. Greatest resource tool EVER.
2) "Zeus was madly in love with her [Semele] and told her that anything she asked of him he would do; he swore it by the river Styx, the oath which not even he himself could break. She told him that what she wanted above all else was to see him in his full splendor as King of Heaven and Lord of the Thunderbolt. It was Hera who had put that wish into her heart."
That basically sums up all of Zeus's trysts with human girls.
3) This is from Stream Pirates, just after Lu (my protagonist) goes to the pirate Yazoo for help finding her father.
Yazoo gave me one final shove through the door of the engine room. "Go shovel. You said you trusted me."
His boots thumped down the hall and up the stairs, leaving me alone with the chug-chugging and Ron. When I turned to Ron, he was back to shoveling coal into the furnace. Not a glance in my direction, not a word of explanation on the best way to go about it.
I looked back at the door, saw no sign of a returning Yazoo or a shout of "Gotcha!", and pulled my shoulders back. Fine.
4) I hereby dub the following to be bookwormed: Nikki Hensley, Jen Hayley, and...um...this is embarrassing. My list of blog friends is sadly small. So I shall have to cede to just tagging two people. Hm.