**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trailers! And Philip Winchester.

It's time for my sporadic dumping of upcoming movies that look AWESOME. Or at least trailers that look AWESOME.

The first is a movie based on a game. I wish they'd make more of these; there are so many kick-a** video games with AMAZING story lines that would be so, so much better than much of what graces our cinema screens nowadays. Could this be the start of an incredible new trend in movie making? Let us hope so.



But -- Jake Gyllenaal? When I first saw he'd be playing the lead, I was concerned. But then I saw some of his facial expressions in the trailer. I'm in love.

The next trailer was suggested by Steph last trailer go-around. The more I watch this trailer, the more excited I get. Seeing directors/actors bold enough to make a movie in favor of evolution, that deals with the criticisms, and shows that Darwin was a HUMAN BEING makes me all squee-y. This is a subject that is borderline offensive to many, but from the trailer, I think they dealt with it beautifully.



And...Paul Bettany. This movie is going to ROCK.

The third movie makes me all giggly. I still remember when the very first one came out on VHS (ah, VHS tapes. How old you make me feel). And now: #3? Gosh. They grow up so fast...



Is it just me, or does grown-up Andy have really pretty eyes?

Last but most certainly NOT least: my beloved Philip is in yet another scrumptious-looking TV series (or should I say he looks scrumptious in another TV series?).



I wasn't a fan of Tin Man. Ow! Who threw that rock? Sorry, sorry, but I just can't do that trippy-artsy stuff. I'll watch Alice, but only because of Philip. I wish they'd do more mini-series like the 10th Kingdom. THAT was a mini-series.

Any super-awesome trailers I missed?

9 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

I <3 Paul Bettany! I'm not sure how I feel about the receding hair line, though...

Andy's all grown up *sniff*. Hey! He's just like me! I was probably about his age when the first movie came out and now I'm a freshman in college. Clearly I meant to see this movie.

You forgot Dorian Gray, but I forgive you.

Sara Raasch said...

Dorian Gray! He'll get his moment in the spotlight next trailer go-around. Promise :)

Natalie Whipple said...

I would never know anything about movies were it not for you. I haven't seen a movie in theaters in....I can't even remember. Sad. Harry Potter, maybe? Sounds familiar.

Adam Heine said...

Movies made from video games have a bad track record. Like really bad. For example: Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter (both the Van Damme version and the new Chun-Li one), Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat, Wing Commander, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil (okay, I kind of liked this one), Dead or Alive, BloodRayne, Hitman, Max Payne (why do they keep making movies about the bloody games?)...

So I'm cautiously optimistic, ever-hopeful that they won't screw this one up.

Hayley Lovell said...

Yes grown up Andy's eyes are beautiful! Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. And Alice looks delightuflly interesting, I'm going to TiVo it! Philip *swoon* he is such a good actor,

Kasie West said...

Nice. I need to tune into these movie dumps more often. And Jake Gyllenaal!! I love him. Have you ever seen Proof?? That movie forever endeared him to me.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Jake!!! I need to see that movie!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, you say that VHS makes you feel old. How old are you--like 21? :P

I still have a VHS/DVD player that thankfully works--there's movies I have on VHS that I still don't have on DVD that I watch.

I love how Toy Story 3 ages the characters. I was in junior high when the first one came out.

The others look interesting too, even Creation. Not a big proponent of evolution, but the movie looks interesting if only for sake of story and entertainment.

Sara Raasch said...

Natalie -- Actually, I haven't seen a movie in theaters since HP either. Or, wait, no, I guess I saw Zombieland. But yeah, I just watch a LOT of movie trailers.

Adam -- True dat. Though I'm hoping that since PofP is less bloody, more story-oriented, they won't screw it up quite as bad. Fingers crossed.

Hayley -- Swoon indeed :) Ah, Philip...

Kasie -- I have not seen Proof, but I just watched The Day After Tomorrow. Mmm, Jakey.

Frankie -- Hehe, if only for him ;)

Dara -- I still have a VHS player too, and all my Disney VHS tapes from when I was wee one. Ah, the days of having to manually rewind movies and praying that the little movie-rewinder didn't eat the tape...