**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Thursday, November 5, 2009

ISPAW Day 5!

So, this week's been pretty much fun. Got to hang with some pirates, reminisce over yesteryear, chat about books. What could possibly make this week any better?

Two things, actually.

Firstly, be sure to keep a careful eye on Natalie Whipple's blog tomorrow. I'll make mention of when said exciting post pops up, but until then...just, keep an eye on it. It's been known to do some awesome stuff.

Secondly, I composed a short video to cap off this week's festivities. As today (November 6th) is my dearly beloved Stream Pirate's actual birthday, I felt a special present for it was in store. Er, well, for Yazoo particularly. But he's who ya'll want to see anyway, right? Need I post that mock-up picture of Philip Winchester again?

BUT before I get to the special birthday video, I believe I have a WINNER to announce!

*drum roll*

The winner of their very own super awesome copy of Mythology by Edith Hamilton is commenter #8, Hayley! Yay, Hayley!! Shoot me your address and I'll get it in the post for ya!

Without further ado: a tribute to Yazoo Oxbow. (I used clips from my newly acquired Crusoe DVDs. Obviously, Crusoe is not missing his right eye; Yazoo is. So imagine Crusoe-playing-Yazoo with an eye patch on his right eye.)



Happy ISPAW, everyone! Thanks for making International Stream Pirate Appreciation Week a success :)

I'll be back tomorrow with the winner of the hand-crafted notebook as well as Nat-nat's super cool Stream Pirate surprise! There's still time to get your entries into the notebook contest; you have until Friday night at 8:43PM EST!

10 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

Beautiful video. Mariah is very inspired to watch Crusoe and think of Yazoo. Mmm... Yazoo.

She is also giddily anticipating Natalie's Stream Pirate Surprise!

Mariah is not sure why she is talking in third person. It might be because she's been writing a paper for the last five hours. Maybe.

Happy ISPAW!

Natalie Whipple said...

Hehe, I hope it meets expectations. Gulp.

I, too, feel the need to see this Crusoe thing. Slumber Party?

Hayley Lovell said...

Yes! It's my first ever blog ocntest win! I never win anything! Yes! Just so you know Sara, I like flipped out this made my day, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!
:)

Oh and I can't wait to stop by Natalie's blog tomorrow! So exciting!

Thanks Sara!

Hayley Lovell said...

I spelt contest wrong. Fail. But still thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the video! And super excited to see Natalie's blog tomorrow :)

Sara Raasch said...

Mariah -- Sara is very happy that Mariah liked the video. She recommends watching Crusoe now. It is a very pleasing show.

Natalie -- Dude! So, so in. Your place or mine?

Hayley -- Hehe, glad it made your day! It is a pretty awesome book :)

Dara -- Thanks! It was fun to make!

Jade said...

I can't believe ISPAW week is over already. It seems like it was only yesterday that it began.

You'll do it again next year though...?

Shannon Messenger said...

Okay, I don't know how I've missed your blog all this time but I finally found it today (through Frankie's blog) so I hope you don't mind that I'm following you now.

Oh, and can I just say, I am so jealous of your agent. (Kate is at the top of my wish list for querying--if I ever survive NaNoRevisMo and am actually up to querying.) Congrats to you. *Bows*

Kasie West said...

That was a dreamy video. I can appreciate your pirate for many weeks if he looks like that. :)

Kasie West said...

Okay that sounded like an innuendo and I really didn't mean for it to. LOL (or did I?)