**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trailers and Philip Winchester


I failed in an epic way today. Not just today, actually.

Since MAY.

Since May 5th, to be exact. That was the day Crusoe came out on DVD. And I missed it.

I could've been watching Philip Winchester whenever I wanted since MAY. May. 6 months. SIX. I've been suffering Crusoe-withdrawals for no reason. Needless to say, I promptly Amazoned it and in just a few short business days, Philip will be mine all mine.

On the subject of Philip Winchester, I thought it was about time I posted some more trailers. Because movie trailers are the whipped cream on the hot chocolate of life, and I really don't want to do homework right now.

The first trailer I have for you involves the ever-yummy Philip.



Yeah, I know. It kind of sucks. But did you see how many scenes Philip is sans-shirt? I didn't even realize there was a plot until I watched it twice. Who needs a plot with abs like that?

It's getting a little hot in here. Moving on.

Now for a trailer that looks so awesome, so indescribable, so mind-bogglingly AMAZING that I squeal like a lovesick fangirl every time I watch it.



Just take a moment and let the magnitude of this movie sink in. Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Colin Farrell, AND Heath Ledger. Me thinks the movie screen will explode with awesome. And the fact that we get to see Heath one last time -- that alone makes me teary. God, he's amazing.

The next trailer is one I somehow forgot to post last trailer go-around. Dara over at inthewritemind reminded me of it, and I've been bouncing excitedly to show you all ever since.



In case you don't know this about me, I'm a huge history buff. I realized today that most of my big stories involve some part of history: pirates, Tudor England, a newly developed age of discovery idea. It's obvious then that I am in love with this movie. As if they needed to convince me to watch it even more, PAUL BETTANY is in it. Paul. Bettany. Swoon.

I'm on the fence with this next one. On the one hand, it looks great visually. On the other -- I don't know. Maybe it's because I was never much into the series.



Yes? No? Like I said, I'm on the fence.

The last trailer I shall leave you with looks absolutely terrifying. There's a boat freakin' load of post-apoc movies coming out, but this one stands above them in that it's gruesome, gory, and downright scary. In a way, it seems the most likely of all the post-apoc scenarios.



And -- Viggo! I've missed you. What have you been doing since LOTR? I thought you pulled a Jeff Goldblum and vanished into movie oblivion.

10 comments:

Kate said...

"The Road" looks good. I love the look of "The Imaginarium of Doctor Panassus". That title of that is a mouthful.

Natalie Whipple said...

Dude, Avatar—not a game. It's a manga series! At least originally. They better have done a good job, because there are a lot of huge fans out there.

Unknown said...

Ohmygosh The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus looks a-ma-zing!

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of watching The Young Victoria trailer. It doesn't come out until December 18 and it's "limited release." Hoping that means it will be in one of the theaters nearby!

Of course I'm going to have to go to it alone...I could never drag my hubby to that one :P

I want to see Avatar 'cause I'm a bit of an anime/manga fan. Haven't really seen much of the series but my parents and sister LOVED it. Plus the movie is by M. Night Shyamalan and I tend to like his movies :)

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus looks trippy. I'm on the fence with that one. :P

And The Road...freakin' scary! All I have to say is that if the apocalypse comes, I hope I'm one who died early on so I wouldn't have to live through that kind of nightmare. If not, then you better believe I'll be using the guns locked away in our basement :P

Renee Collins said...

*squee*

Sara, you always have the best trailers, and I am a huge movie trailer fan.

I totally agree with you about Parnassus: omgawesome. They somehow managed to gather the most talented and gorgeous men into one single film. The screen really may explode.

Sara Raasch said...

Kate -- It is quite a mouthful, isn't it? But the style is absolutely amazing; so unique!

Natalie -- Oh! My bad! I just remember one of my friends talking about it like it was a game...but now that you mention it, I think he did say series. I will correct that.

Kat -- Yes, yes it does :)

Dara -- Hopefully Victoria will be playing somewhere in the vicinity...it's always hit and miss with movies like that. I think it'll do really well, so hopefully it gets a wider release eventually.

Renee -- Me too. It's a really sad addiction, actually; I spend WAY too much time on IMDB. But quite often the trailers are better than the movies ;)

Mariah Irvin said...

I had to pick myself up off the floor after Imaginarium. Too much beautifulness in one movie is going to do bad things to my health.

Then you had to go and show me Paul Bettany.

Let's just say I'm well acquainted with the floor.

Melissa Hurst said...

I loved "The Road." Didn't know it was made into a movie...can't wait to see it. Didn't know about
"The Imaginarium of Doctor Panassus" either. It looks awesome!

Stephanie Perkins said...

Doctor Parnassus. The Young Victoria.

HELLS YEAH.

And Paul Bettany!! LOVE. I'll be so sad if Creation never gets a wide release. The trailer look fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BREvUKpZTeU

He's also in Legion, have you seen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGE_zSdCzDU

(*HE* looks better in Legion, but Creation looks like the better film.)

So glad it's autumn, and good cinema season is upon us again.

Sara Raasch said...

Mariah -- The floor and I are good friends as well, teehee

melane -- I didn't The Road was a book, actually ;) It sounds way interesting. Might be safer to read it than watch it; the graphic images tend to be safer in ink form. At least for my mind.

Stephanie -- Oh my gosh, Creation looks SO GOOD. How did I miss that? It's so going in my next trailer go-around.