**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Inspiration: Mad Gab Edition

Hullo.

So, I've got my ghost book. And I like my ghost book. I've also got my pirate book, and, well, kind of goes without saying that I like my pirate book. But that's not enough. Because I'm selfish like that. So we're going to play Inspiration Mad Gab!

(It occurs to me every time I write blog posts just how often I start sentences with "so." I swear that doesn't happen in my books as much. Maybe. So maybe.)

I want/need another story idea. And, should any of the proceeding generated ideas spark an inspirational fire in you, you might just find that you want/need story ideas too. It's a win-win for all of us, really -- story ideas are generated, and you get to play Inspiration Mad Gab.

Rules are:

1) Pick an assortment of words (I trust you not to peak at the Mad Gab filler sentence at the bottom of the post. Don't break this trust, people).
2) Once you have your list, THEN and ONLY THEN may you look at the filler sentence at the bottom. Put your words in and develop a wonderfully inspirational sentence that you then post in the comments. Unless you like your wonderfullyl inspirational sentence so very much you have to keep it for yourself and a write a book about it that then becomes a bestseller. Just remember to thank my Mad Gab game in the acknowledgements.

Ready? Now, come up with:

MC name
adjective
noun
location
noun
Span of time
event
noun/thing
verb past tense
verb
verb
noun
verb
Secondary Character name
verb
noun

Remember, the more obscure the words you pick, the more inspirational the sentence will be. Guaranteed. Maybe.

I'll wait while you come up with words.

*twiddles thumbs*

Got it? Now using the words you came up with, in the order you came up with them, plug them into:

[MC name] is a/an [adjective] [noun] who lives [location] and has a [noun]. [Span of time] has passed since [event] during which all of [MC name]'s [noun/thing] were [verb past tense]. This has made [MC name] [verb]. In order to [verb] the [noun], [MC name] must [verb] with [Secondary Character name] and [verb] the [noun].

Though personally, I'm a fan of verbing the noun.

And...GO!

4 comments:

Renee Collins said...

Oh man, I love these. Okay, here's my words.

Judy
sweet
strawberry
ocean
mermaid
two years
wedding
XBOX
cried
smooch
kowtow
pineapple
dance
Alonzo
kick
table

This should be interesting . . .

Renee Collins said...

And, here's your next book idea. No need to thank me.

Judy is a sweet strawberry who lives in the ocean and has a mermaid. Two years has passed since wedding during which all of Judy's XBOXs were cried. This has made Judy smooch. In order to kowtow the pineapple, Judy must dance with Alonzo and kick the table.

Kasie West said...

Sara, I can see why you find story ideas this way. Mine is a winner. :)

Faith is a crusty apple core who lives underneath the table and has a rose petal. 38 days has passed since The Makeover during which all of Faith's drum sticks were burned. This has made Faith scream. In order to punch the dog, Faith must chew with Larry and laugh the history book.

Samantha Vérant said...

Pepper
stinky
onion
France
two hours
Vegetable Fest
peeler
slipped
eat
move
teacher
run
Bill
creeps
pickle