**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I've Been Hit!
By Nikki. So, here goes:
Six Things That Make Me Happy
(Wait...don't I do this every Friday? You know, "Fantastic Friday," and all? Oh well. I'm just that good, I guess.)
1) Shrek, Shrek 2, and Shrek the Third. No matter how sick I am, how crappy my mood is, or how bad my day was, these movies ALWAYS make me happy. They're just light and happy and fantasy and fairy tale. They're perfect.
2) Blogs. Receiving comments, sending comments, reading other people's posts, posting on my own. I like being part of an online writing community of sorts :)
3) My fish, Captain. He's an unusual fish. He has one black spot on his right eye that looks just like an eye patch. Convienently, my MC in Stream Pirates also has an eye patch on his right eye. Fate, I tell you.
4) Songs that match my books so well I swear musicians are spying on me. My new song obsession is "My Skin" by Natalie Merchant. It matches my MC's life in Stream Pirates so well it gives me chills.
5) Barnes and Noble. My new membership card, spending WAY too much money on books I have no time to read, browsing for three or four hours while whoever I'm with gets really annoyed. And that one random day when they had gift wrapping by a dog society, and there were TONS of doggies romping around the store. Doggies AND books. The universe almost imploded.
6) Those almost-creepy fortune teller machines that spit out a fortune for a dollar while some animatronic Arabian man waves his hands over a crystal ball. Because it's just fun how scary-accurate they are. And the one in the mall I go to spits out fortunes with a list of flowers relating to your astrological sign on the back. My flower is the aster, which means "patient, charming." I don't know about charming, but patient...erm...nope. Not me.
Who hasn't done this yet? Hmm let's see...Natalie!