**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things


I was tagged on Facebook to do a 25-things-about-you list, but I like my blog better. And everyone on Facebook already knows far more about me than they need to, whilst my blogger-buddies know only the writing side of me. So I said to myself, "Self, Blogger needs this." Here goes:

1) My favorite color is red. My room is red. My desk is red. My favorite scent is red (cinnamon). Does that say I'm a very angry person? I hope not.
2) I want to study abroad in New Zealand...someday.
3) I went to Northern Ireland with my dad and g-ma two years ago. Wow, has it really been two years? Sheesh.
4) I randomly talk in a British accent. Whether it be to answer the phone, in mid-conversation, or to say farewell. It keeps people on their toes.
5) I'm allergic to cats. VERY allergic to cats. I know, right? A writer who is allergic to cats. It's like the world's worst oxymoron.
6) I don't like cats and am very glad my allergy prevents anyone I live with from getting one. Cats know far, far too much, and I'm 99% certain they are plotting a global attack.
7) I used to be able to recite the entire Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. With sound-effects.
8) I'm in love with John Rzeznik's voice.
9) I LOVE froofy coffee drinks (aka: frappucinos, cappucinos, mochas, etc) but am very allergic to caffeine. It SUCKS.
10) I have a ridiculous amount of perfume, but never wear any. Most of those bottles were gifts. People trying to tell me something?
11) I take myself too seriously. Though I am completely aware of this, I can't seem to stop.
12) I'm a high-strung person masquerading as a mellow person. I only "show emotion" for certain things, ie: my writing, any books, and women's rights (but not in the feminist way). Odd combination, but if you want to get me fired up, go off on any of those things and I'll explode like a fire cracker at a church picnic.
13) I have an undiagnosed hat fetish.
14) I really don't care for school (and considered dropping out this year...).
15) I love, love, love lemon crescent cookies. Seriously, every meal, 365 days a year, I'd be fat and happy.
16) I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was younger, until I found out I had to put dogs to sleep.
17) I wanted to be a cheerleader until I found out I had to have some agility.
18) I have no patience for children. I like them, don't get me wrong; I just can't take them in doses larger than ten minutes with no one else to distract them.
19) I used to like snow.
20) Sometimes I think I'm clairvoyant. I can predict things with frightening accuracy. *cue Twilight Zone music*
21) I actually think it would be cool to be a vampire. It'd be cool because I could use my super strength and speed and vampire-senses to fight crime.
22) I like to sew, but I'm not very good at it.
23) I'm the lovechild of "neat freak" and "chaos" -- I know exactly where everything is, though it may not look like it. And if you move any of my stuff, well, I may have to go crazy white-chick on you.
24) I have a friend who's a blackbelt. I envy her.
25) Last one, it'd better be good. Hmm...I was obsessed with Felicity from the American Girl Dolls collection when I was 10-11ish. So obsessed I convinced myself I'd never be happy unless I was drawn back into the colonial era. Somedays, I still think that's true.

I was instructed to tage 25 people to do this. Um...yeah. Not gonna. It'd be easy on Facebook, but just a pain here.

4 comments:

Natalie Whipple said...

When I live in New Zealand, you can come visit me.

I envy your black belt friend, too.

Sara Raasch said...

Oh I shall visit you. I may end up living there myself...

Nikki said...

I didn't even think of doing my list on my blog! Maybe I'll make another one! I love love love making lists!

Sara Raasch said...

Lists make the world go round :)