**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shiny New Idea and the Midnight Hour


It'd been months since Shiny New Idea ("Sni" for short) had been home. Climbing the last flight of stairs to his floor, he shifted the keys in his hand and reminisced about all the amazing places he had visited. Anticipation Station had been incredible. The Mountains of Unique Settings had offered an amazing photo-op. And the Forest of Character Traits? Breathtaking. But there was always something oddly satisying about coming home after a long journey. The end of a cycle. The completion of a quest. There and back again, as it were.

Sni put his key into the door lock, half expecting it not to open. It had been months, after all; maybe the lock had rusted through? The door opened with a squeal, swinging inward on the apartment he had not graced for many, many moons. With a sigh of bittersweet contentment, he reached for the lightswitch--

But was beaten to it when the lamp beside his revolving armchair clicked on.

Sni's heart dropped straight through his stomach and splattered all over his designer shoes. Oh crap, he thought. She found me.

The armchair swung around, revealing the occupant. Pen in one hand, notebook just within reach on the coffee table, The Author looked up at him and smiled. "Hello, Sni," she cooed, the slide of her words laced with a sick kind of pleasure. "I've been waiting for you."

5 comments:

Natalie Whipple said...

I loved this, except it's a little opposite for me. I'm the one trying to hide from those stinking ideas:P

Mariah Irvin said...

I like Sni. Oddly enough, those are also my sister's initials.

Renee Collins said...

LOL, I love this. That's so how I am. But I glanced down at said new idea and it looks cool! I love me some good dystopian novels. :)

Renee Collins said...

*note*

I meant to say "btw" instead of "but" in the third sentence. :)

glovin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.