**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Monday, August 1, 2011

Why Germany is Awesome: A Tale by Sara Raasch

Once upon a time, I met a girl named Jenn. Her crit group was looking for another member and me, well, I was looking for a crit group. Destiny.

Jenn was funny. And clever. And had the most amazing red hair that made me want to find a rock and spring up on it while singing the climatic part of Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World."

She wrote a book. A book about a boy who couldn't sleep. And a lot of other really terrifying things. But the point is it was terrifying YA horror stuff, and guess who loves terrifying YA horror stuff?

This place.

(Germany)

And one day she got word that the Germans loved her book about a boy who couldn't sleep so very very much that they bought it. And hugged it. And stroked it a bit.

That buying and hugging and stroking looked like this:

Germany rights to INSOMNIA by J.R. Johansson, a debut YA supernatural/psychological thriller, about a teen boy who thought spending every night trapped in other people's dreams was bad, but discovers that losing control of his own body and mind is so much worse, sold to Heyne Flieght in a TWO-BOOK deal at auction by Agence Hoffman, on behalf of Taryn Fagerness Agency and Kathleen Rushall of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency.

And they all lived happily ever after. Because it's FREAKIN GERMANY, people. I mean, they INVENTED FAIRY TALES, so good endings have to happen there.

The moral of the story: JENN SOLD HER BOOK TO FREAKIN GERMANY.

Go tell her congrats. And how much better her story is than this wee tale.

2 comments:

Wyman Stewart said...

Deutschland uber alles! Neues Grimm schwester, vielleicht?

So my German is a little off. You'll figure it out. :-)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so EXCITING? I'm so happy for Jenn! I'm so happy for Germany! I'm really so happy for me! Well, I'd be happier if I could read German.