**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Sunday, September 13, 2009

I have some skill with a pencil

*title said in heavy, deep Aragorn-voice*

Today, I had a few choices.

1) Do homework.

2) Work on the Stream Pirate sequel-that-is-now-a-trilogy.

3) Pull out my pencil and sketchpad and see if today was the day my drawing ability decided to wake from its slumber. Once a year, it seems, I have these great drawing revelations and can scratch down semi-decent looking renditions of things. But only once a year, for whatever reason.

Guess which one I chose?

Below is a sketch of a scene from Stream Pirate. Basic summary: Yazoo is saving Lu from a crocperson. I think what helped is that I based my drawing of Yazoo off of pictures of Philip Winchester. Pictures like this one.

And this one.

Okay, one more.

I could seriously stare at that man all day. But that would be weird.


PS: The crocperson is jumping out of a river, not flying. Just so you know.

5 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

Very nice. I love how Lu is wrapped around Yazoo!

Renee Collins said...

Nice! I'm so impressed with all you artists. :)

Also, I am very intrigued with the idea of a crocperson. Sounds creepy/cool! Makes me want to read your book. :)

Natalie Whipple said...

That is a good scene! One of my favorites of many in the book. Makes me want to draw it too:) hehe.

Sara Raasch said...

Renee -- Hehe, crocpeople are very intriguing! Hm, I may need another beta reader soon...

Natalie -- You should draw it! Though my drawing would feel highly inferior next to your drawing ;)

Samantha said...

Haha. This drawing made my day. McLovin' it...