**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Would Pick Me


I debated with myself for hours. Hours and hours. Should I, shouldn't I, what would I be gaining, what would I be losing, etc etc. But I finally did it. I finally took the plunge and applied for:

http://www.islandreefjob.com/

Because, let's face it, it really is the perfect job: FOR WRITERS. 6 months, on an island, with nothing to do but feed fish and blog? And they're PAYING us to do this nonsense? Can you imagine the stories that could get cranked out of that atmosphere? Holy moly.

I'll let ya'll know when my video application is on the website, but for now you can view it on my YouTube page (see side bar). And I'll also let ya'll know when you can go vote for me. Because you'd send me to Australia. Wouldn't you?

2 comments:

K. M. Walton said...

My sister married an Australian and currently lives outside Sydney. We visited her two summers ago & then flew up to the GBR...it is AWESOME!!!!!!! I hope you get that job - that would be an amazing job.

Sara Raasch said...

Thanks, KM! Australia is amazing. I hope to do a study abroad thingy in New Zealand (my dream country, just ask Natalie). I love that area of the world!