**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Saturday, October 31, 2009

PSA

BusywritingpapersbusyreadingarticlesbusyMELTINGMYBRAINbusy

But I have to take a chunk of time out of my OHMYGODHOMEWORKSUCKS schedule to speak about something-- well, we'll just call it something important. It strikes only during this time of year. Halloween. All Hallow's Eve. Beggar's Night. Whatever you want to call it, October 31st is a day when a problem rears its head amongst the merrimaking and frolicking and tomfoolery. It is a problem most people aren't aware of. A problem that goes unnoticed by many, lost in the haze of candy-comas and loud haunted-house music. I am writing this blog post to draw attention to this silent killer of many, this overlooked issue, this forgotten struggle, this oppression of the helpless, this--

GET ON WITH IT!

Fine, geez.

It's--

Wait. You know what? It'd be better if I showed you. I don't think you'll fully grasp the importance of this heartwrenching issue unless you SEE it.

Behold:



So when you carve your pumpkins this year, folks, take a minute to think before you jam that knife into his dimpled orange skull. Is this really a humane way to treat your vegetables? No. No, I don't think so.

Happy Halloween, ya'll.

PS on the PSA: Google Philip Winchester. Count down 9 entries. What do you see?

Oh -- oh, you see MY BLOG?

Yeah. I come up as a top listing when you google Philip Winchester.

This makes me far too happy.

2 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

The horror!

I'm currently the number one result for "I procrastinated for 12 hours" and most of my visits come from people looking for James McAvoy.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Hahaha!