**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Adventures!


In honor of St. Patty's Day, I thought I'd take you all to Northern Ireland. Sound good? Great! Now, below you will see some pictures of--

Oh...you thought I meant LITERALLY take you to Northern Ireland? Silly goose. That would be nice though...

Anyway, below you will find some pictures. They are fabulous pictures, are they not? This summer they will be two years old, meaning that it has been two years since I set foot on Irish soil. *sigh* But luckily, St. Patty's Day gives me a chance to reminisce about my Irish excursion. So fasten your seat belts and put your trays in the upright position, because here we go!

(Pay no attention to the dates on the pictures. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off/change it until a few months after we got back...)

The Antrim Round Tower, aka Rapunzel's Tower
(Not really. But legend says a witch did fall out of it, so you know. Close.)


An Irish traffic jam
(The only thing that made waiting for those sheep to move -- for just short of an hour -- not maddening was the fact that we were in Ireland. And they were Irish sheep.)


Enniskillen, street-shot
(Excellent shopping.)


That big black thing is a PUPPY.
(And it SMELLED. But it was a big black smelly IRISH puppy, so you know.)


A renaissance festival at Shane's Castle
(Coolest thing ever -- a renaissance festival IN IRELAND. Kinda makes our renfests look a little...cheesy.)


A leprechaun hearse
(I really don't know what that is, but they were all over. Delivery trucks? They just made me laugh.)


And, of course: Giant's Causeway.
(They may look pretty, but those stones are freakin' slippery.)


There you have it, my blog buddies: a whirlwind tour of Northern Ireland for a whole lot less than it would cost to fly there. Dontcha feel more Irish, now? Time for a Guinness! (Actually, no, for a number of reasons: one, I'm not legal, and two, Guinness is N-A-S-T-Y stuff. But, you know, I don't know that, because I'm not legal...)


10 comments:

Natalie Whipple said...

So jealous that you got to go to Ireland, but glad you could share! I DO feel all Irishy.

lisa and laura said...

Fun pics! You've almost inspired me to wear green. Note my use of ALMOST.

Now go drink some green beer for those of us who are too old for all that fun stuff.

Sara Raasch said...

Oh, but wearing green is so much fun!

Samantha said...

That puppy is a Newfoundland. I LOVE THEM....even stinky ones.

HAHA

Thanks for the trip...

Sara Raasch said...

NEWFOUNDLAND!! OHMYGOSH Thank you, Sam! You have no idea how much that has been bugging me! I could not for the life of me remember that dog's breed...

Wyman Stewart said...

Have a we bit of an inquiry for ya lassie. Did ya kiss the ol' Blarney Stone for a bit o'good luck, while in old Eyrie?

Sara Raasch said...

Wyman -- Alas, I was only in Northern Ireland, and the Blarney Stone is in Ireland. Mayhaps next time I go, I'll kiss it (or, knowing my germophob-tendencies, I'll take a picture of someone kissing it).

Tara Maya said...

The family started out in green, before the youngest member saw fit to redecorate us. ;)

Cute pics.

K. M. Walton said...

Ireland is my favorite place on the planet, hands down. I'm certain it's the people. I've never met a nicer, more genuine group of people.

Did you happen to see any of Donegal while up North?

...and Guinness is YUMMY

Sara Raasch said...

KM -- I'm not sure if we went to Donegal or not...we went through a lot of places the first day, and I was pretty jet lagged, lol. I'd perk up whenever we got to a destination then zone out on the drive. The joys of oversea traveling