**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Monday, May 9, 2011

Marketing Monday: A little late to the game...

...but better late than never, eh?

So I'm currently temping as a data entry clerk. During this job, I have the freedom to listen to music and such, but music is only good for about an hour or so. Thus I decided to branch into audiobooks.

Which are awesome.

Seriously.

I downloaded Leviathan. Finished it in a day (not that that's terribly impressive -- it was only 8 hours of listening). Downloaded Behemouth. Still working on it, but will finish it soon. Suffice to say this has been an exciting trip back into the world o' steampunk, a world I haven't visited since I started White Like Ashes after Stream Pirate and left it behind.

But ya'll, steampunk is cool.

In what other world could you have air cannons and flying mechanical beastie-zeppelins and giant metal spiders with machine guns attached? Unfortunately this genre's rise to fame lasted all of about a month, but it still holds a place near and dear in my heart. After all, it spawned a super sexy one-eyed pirate in my little writing world. That and that alone makes it worthy of this week's Marketing Monday.

So yay Scott Westerfeld for bringing about a story of great awesomeness. Here, here, steampunk!

No comments: